Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 08-09-2017 02:22:39

martinbeyond
Membre
Lieu : Tianjin, China

★★China to Hellfest 2018, any suggestion?★★

Greeting from China!
We'll go to Hellfest 2018 from China next year. And the biggest thing troubles us is the security in France, especially robbers or terrorists. Any suggestion about that while we touring Paris/Nantes/Clisson? Which is the better selection between renting a car and taking SNCF from Paris to Hellfest? Thanks!

Dernière modification par martinbeyond (08-09-2017 02:23:51)

#2 08-09-2017 08:55:36

Ch'Dul
Membre

Re : ★★China to Hellfest 2018, any suggestion?★★

Be in Paris for the shortest time... and the rest is OK !
For me, TGV is the better solution but be careful between Nantes and Clisson, the trains are small and often full.... see taxis or ID Pass (by SNCF)

#3 08-09-2017 09:00:04

Radical9sl
Membre
Lieu : Malville (Isère)

Hello !
I think it's better to take the train.
You have TGV from Paris to Nantes and after you have a TER "spécial hellfest" from Nantes to Clisson.
After you have many bus from the train station in Clisson to the festival site.

For the security, i don't konw... I don't think that Hellfest must be a target for a terrorist attack.
But you have a lot of "CRS" around the site and "gendarmes" inside.
So personnaly i'm feel in security inside the festival.

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm french so...  lol

Have a nice day !
And see you next year in Hell !!!  devil  devil  devil

Lemmy is born to loose but he lives to win ! RIP Lemmy
Hellfest 2015-2016-2017 Pass 2018 en poche big_smile #teamGhost
Sonisphère 2012 (Yverdon), 2013 (Amnéville) Main Square 3/7/2014, Sylak 5/8/2017 Download 18/6/2018
Let there be rock ! Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein... Run to the hills, run for your life !

#4 08-09-2017 09:11:19

Mac Seb
Thrashin' Moderator
Lieu : Bretonie

martinbeyond a écrit :

Greeting from China!
We'll go to Hellfest 2018 from China next year. And the biggest thing troubles us is the security in France, especially robbers or terrorists. Any suggestion about that while we touring Paris/Nantes/Clisson? Which is the better selection between renting a car and taking SNCF from Paris to Hellfest? Thanks!

Don't be afraid of terrorists or robbers.
The security level is upgraded.
If you are not used to drive in a foreign country, it's better to take a train from Paris to Clisson.

HF 07-08-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17   18 in the Pocket.
Thrashement votre / Je vais Thrasher sur vos tongues. devil
#Team Anti-Ghost
Street team Garmonbozia

#5 13-09-2017 18:56:32

Erl00
Membre

Hello China !

While terrorists are a totally neglectable threat according to me (if you think differently, you'd rather remain the rest of your life in a bunker), pickpockets are a very painful and real annoyance. Especially when you look like a tourist and I don't think you will be offended if I tell you that you will look like a tourist. Pickpockets are especially active in the Paris subway, on the Champs Elysées and on the Hellfest site (I got my phone robbed last year).

So, to avoid any trouble, I would advice you to bear your passports, credit cards and cash in a secured place. For instance, since 2017, I have a kind of pouch that I wear around my neck with all this inside. I wear it between my skin and my t-shirt. And when I go to the mosh pits, I add the telephone inside.
And ... that's really all you need. Of course, outside the hellfest, if someone with a weird look offers you a drink, refuse politely. If it's within the festival, it's totally normal, go ahead and have a beer smile

For your arrival at Paris airport, if you want to take a cab for Paris, be aware that prices are fixed! You should not pay more than €50 or 55 depending on where you are going. Anyone telling you that price depends on traffic, blablabla ... is trying to screw you. Flee.

In order to go from Paris to Clisson, I would adive to go by train, they are fastn reliable and comfortable and you can purchase tickets up to 2 months before the trip. Of course you can rent a car but it's a real pain to drive in Paris, to read the roadsigns that are not labelled in your language, etc. And you have a much higher probability to die in a car accident than in a terrorist attack.

High-speed train will lead you to Nantes then slow-speed train will lead you to Clisson then shuttles will lead you to the Hellfest. You can sleep in tents in the festival, rent a AirBnB in Clison or in Nantes or even rent an Hotel in Nantes.

I hope this helps and that we'll see you in Clisson next year!

Pied de page des forums